As battery technology continues to improve, more and more OEM’s are considering variable speed control for their portable equipment designs. Spreaders, sprayers, pumps, mixers and wheel drive assist are common applications. Dart Controls offers motor speed control solutions for low voltage DC brushed and brushless motors used in these applications.
Battery power is useful as the supply voltage for a number of reasons:
- Truck mounted equipment – taking advantage of the truck’s existing 12 or 24VDC battery
- Solar – the battery stores energy during peak sunlight periods, and extends available operation time
- Replace traditional combustion engine – easier to operate, lighter, less maintenance
- Eliminate bothersome line cord, increasing the effective use range for equipment
Using a DC motor speed control in these applications preserves battery charge time by preserving energy that is not needed – in the battery. A speed control also extends battery life by increasing the time between necessary recharges of the battery. Dart Controls offers two control series depending on motor type being used:
- DCPM brush motors – the 65 Series includes both open chassis AND NEMA 4X enclosed models
- DC brushless motors – the 710 / 730 Series are designed for 12-48 volt supply/BLDC motor applications up to 1000W
We are always available to discuss your application. Please call Dart Controls today at 317-873-5211 to discuss your requirements with our friendly and knowledgeable staff.